The Save-A-Limb Fund wishes to thank all of our participants, fundraisers, sponsors, celebrity participants, volunteers and event committee for a most successful and enjoyable day at our 11th annual event. We are working to finalize all the fundraising totals and will be in touch with all of our prize winners very shortly. While the Save-A-Limb Fund Fest is complete for this year, the work of our organization goes on year round. Check back to our Facebook page and web page for updates. Thank you all again for your generosity and support!
Save-A-Limb Mission Statement and Funding Goals
The Save-A-Limb Fund supports children and adults who have complex limb and joint disorders by saving their limbs, preserving their joints and enhancing the quality of their lives.
How do we put our mission FIRST?
- Support families of patients in need at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics (RIAO) who do not have the financial resources to handle expenses that are not covered by insurance (initial clinical evaluations, transportation, housing costs, wheelchairs, walkers, postoperative care, etc.)
INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH AND MISSION WORK:
- Serve patients abroad by enabling the RIAO’s specialized medical staff to travel to impoverished areas around the world to provide orthopedic treatment.
- Sponsor one international patient per year to travel to the RIAO for treatment.
- Support research to improve techniques related to limb lengthening, limb reconstruction, joint preservation and joint reconstruction.
- Award one academic scholarship per year to a current or former patient who is pursuing a career in healthcare.
- Acquire specialized medical equipment that enhances treatment methods and improves patient outcomes.